PDF Katalog (20MB)
PDF Order Form


info@plein-porzellan.de


Tel: +49 (0)6562 - 2366
Fax: +49 (0)6562 - 1038

Please use this address!

Kunstkeramische Werkstätten

Gebrüder Plein
Inh. Walter Plein
Bahnhofstr. 67
54662 Speicher
Deutschland/Germany

Postfach 1018
54658 Speicher
Sie sind hier: Home

About us

Image in fullscreen
Adam Plein 1908
Adam Plein 1908
Image in fullscreen
Founder of our company, Adam Plein, 1937
Founder of our company, Adam Plein, 1937
In popular tongue today it’s still called „Ärega Herrgottsfabrek”. Mend is a manufacture, where corps of Christ’s are produced since the turn of century from 1800 to 1900. The history started many years before that: Ancestors of the actual owner pursued long before potteries. The son of the pitcher-baker (potter) Johann Plein, Matthias Plein (born at 27th of June 1851, passed away 25.05.1924, went on with this inherited activity with the production of gravestone-ornaments, pitchers and cream-bowls out of domestic clays. Its to 6.7.1879 born son Adam and its brother-in-law, Peter already, arranged themselves at the beginning 20th Century in the old house in the Jacobstraße a workshop, in which they made grave stone-ornaments of Terracotta. During the 1st world war, from which Peter already did not return, production came to succumbing. After this (Middle of 1920) the ceramist Adam Plein started the production in Jacobstrasse again. His brother Nikolaus Plein joined the young company. In 1923 already 5 workers were employed and the Enterprise was named “Spezialfabrik für Christuskörper und Figuren Gebrüder Plein-Bleses”. It was made gravestone-ornaments made of Terracotta, porcelain and metal.

Image in fullscreen
Our company, 1935
Our company, 1935
Image in fullscreen
Georg Plein 1937
Georg Plein 1937
In this difficult structure time no money from the enterprise could be branched off. Therefore the wife of Adam Plein, Katharina Plein, born name Biewer, by bicycle had to be active as a commercial woman, in order to nourish the family with 5 children. At the same time the own children helped energetically gratuitous in the manufacture. In 1928 the company set up and was named “Kunstgewerbliche Werkstätten Gebrüder Plein”. Caused by the rising inquiry for these and new articles (figurative decoration-porcelain), there was extended permanent and they already had 15 workers until 1933.

Image in fullscreen
Heribert Plein 1976
Heribert Plein 1976
In the year 1934 became in the Bahnhofstrasse, where the work is up to today, a new factory building with this time a modern fuel place (porcelain round furnace plant) established and referred.

Image in fullscreen
1941
1941
After the building and equipment partially was destructed from the 2nd world-war and Adam Plein was passed away at the 16th of May 1942, his sons ceramist Georg Plein (born 29.03.1914) and merchant Andreas Plein, leaded the ceramic-section as independent company with the same name.
After the difficult post-war-time there was shown a new improvement, so there could be invested and extended. Just as before there were produced white porcelain-gravestone ornaments, Porcelain in galvanic and figurative-decoration-porcelain.
At the 6th of December 1966 Georg Plein passed away, at his place in 1974 his son Heribert Plein came, which also had learned the ceramist-profession. As in 1975 Andreas Plein stopped as co-partner, Heribert Plein leaded the company as exclusive owner in 3rd generation.

Image in fullscreen

A new production-branch came: manufacturing of ceramic-stoneware. The main articles beer- mugs, wine-pitchers, wine-cups, punch-bowls, shot-pitchers and plaques, coat of arms, plates and special-designs were produced in high quantities. The main line of business still lied in the production of gravestone-ornaments and photo- porcelain, which is exported worldwide. Especially in overseas they appreciate the porcelain- articles with the GPS-Sign.

But to be competitive in possible bad times and to preserve jobs, there still was invested and modernized. New things were produced and new technical used. For example the start-up of another modern kiln in spring-time of 1983.The new, gas heated, full-automatic steered kiln Renders the burning of Photo-Porcelain by more than 1400 ˚ C and opens thereby further production possibilities, which were not practicable so far for technical reasons.

Image in fullscreen
Factory building, 1986
Factory building, 1986
Image in fullscreen
Our company in Speicher, today
Our company in Speicher, today
Since the year 2000 the family business is in 4th generation owned and leaded from Ceramist- and Potter-Master Walter Plein.He absolved from 1985 till 1987 the National technical school for ceramics in Landshut to learn Potter, one of the oldest occupations of the world and exanimate successfully. Following this time he acquired successfully the master title in the ceramic-branch at the chamber of handicrafts Niederbayern/Oberpfalz in 1988.



PDF Katalog (2MB)
PDF Katalog (14MB)
PDF Order Form


info@plein-porzellan.de


Tel: +49 (0)6562 - 2366
Fax: +49 (0)6562 - 1038

Please use this address!

Kunstkeramische Werkstätten

Gebrüder Plein
Inh. Walter Plein
Bahnhofstr. 67
54662 Speicher
Deutschland/Germany

Postfach 1018
54658 Speicher



Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.